Account Executive, NW Public Safety (Northeast/East Region)
The Account Executive is responsible for meeting or exceeding a sales quota for selling the Tyler New World suite of Public Safety applications (Computer-Aided Dispatch, Records Management and Mobile software and services) within a prescribed territory as set by the company. Initial territory will cover Public Safety agencies in the East and Northeast Region.
- Develops knowledge of Tyler New World products and services to gain a thorough understanding of products and services as they relate to targeted audiences.
- Successfully build relationships with targeted audiences to sell products and services.
- Generates sales within the territory for full suite of products to Public Safety agency prospects and existing customers.
- Manages long and complex sales cycles from lead generation to close of sale.
- Maintains and manages accurate forecasts and activity reports in CRM.
- Travels to customer locations and applicable trade shows or on-site demonstrations. Typically, approximately 60% of the time on average.
- Assists with preparation of RFP responses.
- Meets a pre-set annual sales quota.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous sales experience in the software industry selling to Public Sector agencies required.
- Previous experience selling Public Safety applications, CAD and Records Management a plus.
- Previous experience working in a sales CRM system (forecasting and opportunity management) desired.
- Lives within the assigned territory strongly preferred.
- Must possess a competitive drive and results-oriented approach.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills. Previous public speaking experience a plus.
- Must be a self-starter in addition to a team player.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and employees required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.