Curriculum Developer is responsible for the design and development of educational content to support the learning of our software products for multiple learning audiences.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with support, development, implementation and other management teams to identify and coordinate subject matter experts to develop and deliver educational content.
- Leverage adult learning theory to design quality eLearning programs and engaging learning resources.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to create and review content and manager project timelines.
- Develop and/or procures graphics and content to incorporate into e-learning instructional design.
- Create scripts/storyboards when planning for a new online learning module or video.
- Research third-party learning tools and solutions, and provide recommendations for improving existing offerings and resources.
- Develop appropriate assessments for web-based training modules and learning paths.
- Partner with the training team to develop content for video tutorials.
- Incorporate review feedback from SMEs and other members of the training team when creating videos and online lessons for Forte’s customers.
- Review and test e-learning modules for quality assurance using knowledge of LMS and SCORM standards.
- Contribute to a blended learning approach with a focus on adult learning theory and continuous learning.
- Conduct needs analysis to determine when e-learning is an appropriate solution.
- Leverage Tyler’s Learning Management System, Tyler University, as a primary tool to deliver, track and manage various educational tracks and individual progress for Tyler staff.
- Collects, compiles and reports results of evaluation, attendance and training data.
- Prepares reports as assigned.
- B.S./B.A. Degree with at least 3 years related experience developing interactive innovative online courses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and virtual training and facilitation tools.
- Ability to be a positive, professional, team-oriented leader that fosters good morale and inter-departmental collaboration for staff development.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees.
- Expert understanding of instructional design theory, online learning systems, best practices and current research/theory in adult online learning.
- Expert communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
- Expert knowledge of technical programs and resources utilized in eLearning creation, such as video, animation, music, voice recording, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or other storyboarding programs.
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Thoughtful and creative under pressure; able to represent institutional perspectives, mission, and objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to produce quality training programs
- Knowledge of Windows, Power Point, Word and Excel or similar programs required.
- High-level of effective interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal plus organization and presentation skills Possess excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Some travel required and valid driver’s license required.
- Experience creating audio/video simulations of software products and step-by-step workflows.
- Experience with SCORM.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.