Tyler Technologies | Troy, MI
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Curriculum Developer is responsible for the design and development of educational content to support the learning of our software products for multiple learning audiences.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with support, development, implementation and other management teams to identify and coordinate subject matter experts to develop and deliver educational content.
- Leverage adult learning theory to design quality eLearning programs and engaging learning resources.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to create and review content and manager project timelines.
- Develop and/or procures graphics and content to incorporate into e-learning instructional design.
- Create scripts/storyboards when planning for a new online learning module or video.
- Research third-party learning tools and solutions, and provide recommendations for improving existing offerings and resources.
- Develop appropriate assessments for web-based training modules and learning paths.
- Partner with the training team to develop content for video tutorials.
- Incorporate review feedback from SMEs and other members of the training team when creating videos and online lessons for Forte’s customers.
- Review and test e-learning modules for quality assurance using knowledge of LMS and SCORM standards.
- Contribute to a blended learning approach with a focus on adult learning theory and continuous learning.
- Conduct needs analysis to determine when e-learning is an appropriate solution.
- Leverage Tyler’s Learning Management System, Tyler University, as a primary tool to deliver, track and manage various educational tracks and individual progress for Tyler staff.
- Collects, compiles and reports results of evaluation, attendance and training data.
- Prepares reports as assigned.
- B.S./B.A. Degree with at least 3 years related experience developing interactive innovative online courses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and virtual training and facilitation tools.
- Ability to be a positive, professional, team-oriented leader that fosters good morale and inter-departmental collaboration for staff development.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of employees.
- Expert understanding of instructional design theory, online learning systems, best practices and current research/theory in adult online learning.
- Expert communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
- Expert knowledge of technical programs and resources utilized in eLearning creation, such as video, animation, music, voice recording, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or other storyboarding programs.
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Thoughtful and creative under pressure; able to represent institutional perspectives, mission, and objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to produce quality training programs
- Knowledge of Windows, Power Point, Word and Excel or similar programs required.
- High-level of effective interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal plus organization and presentation skills Possess excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Some travel required and valid driver’s license required.
- Experience creating audio/video simulations of software products and step-by-step workflows.
- Experience with SCORM.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.