Tyler Technologies | Troy, MI
The Quality Assurance Specialist tests and quality assures programs, application modules and products of basic complexity created by the Development Department using systematic quality assurance techniques. This is an entry-level position, working on problems with limited variability or impact.
- Test and validate program modules of basic complexity to meet specifications and procedures standards.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Validate software releases of basic complexity prior to distribution.
- Execute on automated test scripts and evaluate.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases of typically basic complexity for all testing assignments.
- Assist with reviewing and editing test case scripts and writing queries.
- Assist with documenting and executing black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Adhere to standards and procedures.
- Identify and document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Prior exposure to business analysis, software technical support and/or comparable work experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in software quality assurance/testing or related experience including but not limited to writing and executing on test cases, test scripts and plans successfully is preferred.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills involving sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Familiarity with basic coding and/or scripting is required.
- Basic knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and query writing.
- Ability to maintain a test environment effectively with regards to products, tools, data and related aspects.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.