Senior Technical Writer
Tyler Technologies | Troy, MI
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Senior Technical Writer assists team leadership with project management tasks as necessary.
- Extrapolates documentation tasks from requirement documents, story cards and defects for delivery through context-sensitive help, user/admin/install guides, what's new guides, e-learning components and videos. Content may be published online or in print form. Content should be proofread for proper use of grammar, punctuation and conformance with current style guidelines.
- Maintains a strong understanding of Agile Development. Participates in instituting new and modifying existing Agile Development concepts.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for multiple projects and actively prioritizes deadlines or competing tasks with minimal direction.
- Identifies and responds to feedback and input from customers, both internal and external.
- Actively participates in sprint planning, demo sessions, and customer UAT sessions.
- Works closely with Development, Quality Assurance, and Customer Support personnel to produce content that conforms to established guidelines and best practices while ensuring accuracy and usability of the documentation.
- Well versed in team as well as departmental tooling, such as Adobe® Technical Communications Suite (TCS), Atlassian® JIRA® and Confluence®, VMware vSphere®, and Microsoft® SharePoint®.
- Lead initiatives of improving and documenting divisional process, style guides, and standards.
- Leads team in streamlining documentation processes through advanced single-sourcing methods such as Knowledge Base (KB), DITA, and XML.
- Work closely with peer leadership and team management to adhere to release plan milestone dates.
- Leads efforts to evolve documentation deliverables through continued market research of industry trends and documentation tooling.
- 5-7 years of experience in the documentation field, including producing online help systems or other web-based content.
- Experience with the Adobe® Technical Communication Suite or equivalent products required.
- Experience establishing a framework for Knowledge Base (KB), DITA, XML, and single-sourcing environments.
- Experience with other advanced word processing, e-learning, graphic production, online help authoring tools, and web applications preferred. Examples include TechSmith® Camtasia® and Snagit®, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, and Adobe® InDesign®.
- Provide samples of prior documentation deliverables to showcase in any scheduled interviews.
- Able to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines and prioritize delivery with minimal direction.
- Flexibility in adapting to an ever-changing environment while learning new concepts and software systems quickly.
- Must be able to write content clearly and accurately for various audiences, both internal and external.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with other people or groups within the company to produce documentation deliverables.
- Document and communicate assigned work and progress to immediate project team and management through team stand-up, staff, and one-on-one meetings.
- Able to work both independently and participate in a team, including teams outside of the Documentation Department.
- Work effectively in a strong customer service/team oriented environment.
- Follow and make decisions based on established departmental and project guidelines.
- Able to analyze and refine departmental processes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail while adhering to strict deadlines and project milestones.
- Strong written and verbal English language skills (grammar, syntax, usage, and style issues).
- BS/BA degree in English, Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Communications, or related field.
Additional Contact Info